Extra Virgin Olive Oil for Women: Breast Cancer, Osteoporosis, Heart Health, Skin Care
Every day women from all over the world put all their efforts into taking care of their health while enjoying the pleasures of good food. Luckily, having a healthy lifestyle does not go well with boring and repetitive menus. And this is the reason extra virgin olive oil is the best ally capable of giving that healthy and nutritious touch of distinction and flavor to any vegetables, fruits, cereals, delicious fresh meat and fish and many more. All of this, while providing everyone with numerous health benefits by protecting the body from inside and out. Because when we start to enumerate the multiple properties of extra virgin olive oil, both for men and women, the list is never ending. This article discusses health benefits of extra virgin olive oil for women. So keep reading….
According to a research study there is strong relationship between consumption of extra virgin olive oil and the incidence of breast cancer. The oil reduces the risk of this deadly disease by 68%. Apparently, some polyphenols in olive oil can stop the progression of incipient cancer cells, according to a secondary research done by PREDIMED.
Check out: Olive oil massage for breast tightening
The risk of bone related problems increases after pregnancy. However Extra virgin olive oil acts as an ally against osteoporosis, as it has been shown to contribute to calcium absorption and mineralization. And it is a false belief that only dairy products protects our skeleton. It is no coincidence that numerous studies have shown that the rates of osteoporosis in the countries of southern Europe, where the Mediterranean diet reigns, are significantly lower than those of other countries on the continent.
Heart attacks are more severe in women then men. But befriend extra virgin olive oil for cardiovascular health. As it reduces the so-called “bad” cholesterol and contains a high percentage of essential fatty acids. It also improves digestion and presence of large amount of antioxidants make it the best anti-aging product. Check out benefits of olive oil for fertility.
Beauty Tips – How to Use Olive Oil Everyday
It is essential to take advantage of extra virgin olive oil’s versatility and incorporate it into the daily diet in different forms. You can add it during frying, sandwich, salads and even smoothies. The recommended daily amount is approximately 50 grams.
Here’s how to make best use of it through the course of the day?
This kitchen classic olive oil provides moisture to the skin and protects hair from drying out and the body from environmental stress.
1. Smooth from Head to Toe: For exfoliation, mix 3 tablespoons of sea salt with 1 tablespoon olive oil and rub gently during the shower.
2. Healthy Hair: Since women’s hair are long they need more attention and time for caring. So knead 3 teaspoons of olive oil into the hair tips and leave it for 10 minutes. Then shampoo. You will see a visible difference in few weeks.
3. Pure fine complexion Prepare face mask by mixing 1 tablespoon of olive oil with so much healing clay that a thick paste is formed. Add warm water until the creamy consistency can be applied. Allow to dry for 15 minutes and rinse with warm water.
1. Make your Food Healthy: Olives contain many unsaturated fatty acids, potassium, calcium, iron and vitamins A, B and E which provide great protection against free radicals and act as anti-aging. During lunch snack enjoy a crunchy salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, green and black olives. For the dressing use olive oil!
2. Tender Lips: After eating, put a few drops of oil on your finger and massage the lips. Womens’ lips are gentle compared to men, so they need extra care.
1. For Inner Energy: Tea made from olive leaves strengthens the immune system and increases energy. Pour boiling water over 1 to 2 teaspoons of chopped leaves per cup and leave it to brew for 10 minutes. Ideal intake is 3 cups a day.
2. For Soft Hands: Heat 50 ml oil, bathe hands in it for 10 minutes. Dab dry. Massage nails and cuticles with a little oil. If women has dry feet, then bath in warm olive oil!
1. Relaxation: After a tiring day, everyone needs more energy and women (who has to do household chores) especially need more relaxation. For relaxation, add 4 tablespoons of olive oil in your bath tub. Relax in the tub for 15 minutes, dry gently. If you still haven’t had enough of oil, treat yourself to a full body massage. Then shower off.
2. Gently removed make-up: With a few drops of olive oil on the cotton pad you can remove make-up and mascara. Remove excess oil with a damp washcloth. So invite the olive oil to make your day beautiful!
This article has been written by Nilam Mehta and she is the owner of this site.
Nilam has worked in Pharmaceutical industry and have studied – Lifestyle Medicine from Doane University; Science of Exercise from University of Colorado Boulder. She believes that many of health problems can be cured naturally.
I am the owner of this website/blog has authored many articles on this blog. You can reach me on [email protected]