6 Belly Button Oils for Fertility: Olive, Almond, Castor, Primrose, Flaxseed
Do you know that, navel was the first thing that linked us to life and it once connected you to your mother! The benefits of navel lubrication are abundant and can do wonders for our health.
Greasing your belly button is an Ayurvedic practice. In Ayurveda, this is known as Nabhi Chikitsa. Nabhi means navel in Sanskrit. Ayurvedic experts practiced this method for optimal relief of various ailments. They believe that the navel is a secret place in the body that can effectively cure everyday health problems
One of the most important of navel lubrication is fertility.
Application of oils on belly button & fertility
Application of oils on belly button can influence fertility in both men and women. The remedy works by promoting relaxation of the uterine and abdominal muscles, protecting the sperm inside the fertilization tube, improving motility and sperm count, and treating menstrual problems such as irregular periods.
6 best recommended oils to apply on belly button for fertility are:
- Olive Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Castor Oil
- Flaxseed Oil
- Almond Oil
- Evening Primrose Oil
How to use these oils for fertility?
There are two ways these oils help in infertility:
- Apply on Navel – Simply place a wet cotton ball dipped in any of the above oil and apply on the navel.
- Include in Diet – By making use of these oils in your diet, the chances of pregnancy increases.
Here how these oils increases chances of pregnancy?
The medicinal properties of these oils help in achieving pregnancy to a certain extent, as there are multiple factors that causes infertility problem.
Olive Oil –
- It is considered to be a great ally to improve the blood circulation of the mother-to-be due to its richness in omega 3 type fatty acids.
- When it comes to baby development, this liquid gold is very beneficial. In particular, it helps in proper development of visual, cerebral and psychomotor level.
- In addition, another great benefit of taking olive oil during the nine months and after giving birth is that it will reduce the risks of the woman suffering from postpartum depression.
Coconut Oil –
- Use coconut oil during pregnancy and breastfeeding as part of a healthy diet of nutrient-dense whole foods. Coconut oil supplies large amounts of fat that is saturated with large amounts of lauric acid. Not only will your body benefit, but your baby will receive the same benefits.
- The saturated fat content helps you build up adequate fat reserves during pregnancy and in preparation for breastfeeding. Fat reserves are vital for maintaining adequate energy and proper body function for both pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- During pregnancy and breastfeeding, your baby will get vital nutrients and calories from your body, and what is left is used by your body. This is why a healthy diet is vital to taking care of not only your health, but also your child’s health.
The ingredients of coconut oil are a source of fertility stimulation. Take advantage of all its benefits and give yourself a boost so you can be a mom if your process has been delayed.
Castor Oil –
- This vegetable oil is rich in Ricinoleic acid that increases circulation and promotes the elimination and healing of tissues and organs under the ovaries and uterus.
- It should be applied with a soaked cloth just above the pubic hair line during the follicular phase of the menstrual cycle, that is, between days 3 and 12 after menstruation has stopped.
- It is important to note that these are tips that can improve endometrial thickness. If the endometrium is very thin, less than 6 mm, it will be very difficult to achieve a pregnancy. In this case, gynecologist can prescribe a hormonal treatment with oestrogens and progesterone to stimulate endometrial growth.
Almond Oil –
- This food is recommended in the diet of women trying to get pregnant, as it increases fertility.
- Since it is rich in essential fatty acids (EFAs), which are crucial for ovulation because they promote blood flow to the uterus and help open the follicle to release the egg.
- It is very rich in omega-3 and essential acids that are necessary for good fertility.
- It is recommended to drink one tablespoon a day, either directly or in salads, smoothies or soups. By including it in the daily diet, its benefits for fertility can be seen.
Evening Primrose Oil:
- It is also referred to as primrose oil.
- The oil extracted from the evening primrose plant contains high amounts of essential and polysaturated fatty acids which contain omega 6 and other important acids which greatly improves the quality of eggs on fertile days.
- It calms and controls the pain during dysmenorrhea, decreases endometrial cramps, reduces ovarian cysts, regulates the menstrual cycle and increases cervical flow.
- It has great properties to make women pregnant, but its treatment must be applied carefully without exceeding the recommended doses, as suggested by the gynecologist.
- Its treatment must start at the same time as the first day of your period. it should be started at the moment the period begins until the day you ovulate.
- With regards to male fertility, it influences both the quality and quantity of sperm. It helps sperm find their way around by increasing cervical flow.
This article has been written by Nilam Mehta and she is one of the owner of this site/blog.
Nilam has worked in Pharmaceutical industry and have studied – Lifestyle Medicine from Doane University; Science of Exercise from University of Colorado Boulder. She believes that many of health problems can be cured naturally.
You can reach her on [email protected]